Sunday, March 28, 2010

Moments forever lost...

In everything, give thanks. Not for everything, but, in everything. I am challenged by that scripture today. It's hard to give thanks when you don't understand, and, frankly, I don't. I struggle with the knowledge that someone you love so much can create so much heartache by their willful absence, shutting out those who love them. I struggle with the knowledge that outsiders unknowingly add to the sorrow by buying into one side of it without assuming the best intentions from the other. I refuse to speak poorly of one who speaks poorly of me. I will not. Instead, I choose to entrust myself to the One who judges all things rightly, knowing that He will work it all for my good, in His time. I still believe that. But, today there were tears for moments forever lost. Tomorrow I will stand in hope again. But today, for a few minutes, a wave of sorrow engulfed me.

His mercies are new every morning. I am grateful.

3 comments:

  1. This really hits home Deanna, on so many levels. My oldest and dearest friend, that I have know since I was 2yrs old, is not speaking to me. I'm confused and crushed. We have been thru so much together, and now she won't even anwser my phone calls. I miss her terribly and only wish her well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marti-I am so sorry for you. It is such a hurtful thing and I'm so sad that you are going through it, too. I'll keep you and your friend in my prayers...that reconciliation and healing will come. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reminded that Dad experienced this with someone he loved and never said a negative word. He also taught us there were two sides to every story and not to make a judgment with out hearing both sides. Some people sadly, don't take the time to do so. I'm thankful that we were taught that lesson! Dad being a role model to us never ends.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete